New ‘Water Management and Traffic’ Update Now Available for Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic
Early Access update #10 introduces water and sewage infrastructure and traffic management systems for the Soviet-themed RTS city builder
16th May, 2022 - Independent games development studio 3DIVISION has today released Content Update #10 - Water Management and Traffic - for the Early Access version of Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic, the real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon game set in an imaginary communist country in Eastern Europe.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is the ultimate real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon game. Construct your own republic and transform a poor country into a rich industrial superpower!
In content update #10 introduces new buildings and flow systems for water treatment and supply routes into your city as well as new advanced traffic simulation modes to add new levels of complexity to your road infrastructure.
Creating a robust water treatment system for your city is paramount in keeping your citizens healthy. Finding the cleanest water at the source means the less treatment it will need to make it drinkable. Once treated you can create a distribution network to water storage towers in the city where it will be supplied to the main system. Another new addition is the sewage system where waste will be transported out of the city to be treated. You will decide if you will dump sewage waste directly into the river creating higher pollution (and therefore more treatment required to make it drinkable) or treat it before and lower the amount of pollution at source. Read more about water treatment systems in the community post here
The new traffic system also introduced in Update #10 will allow you to raise the level of complexity of your road infrastructure, should you wish to, by adding traffic lights to junctions and customising the intervals used to direct traffic flow. Along with this there are new traffic signs with actions such as minimum and maximum speeds, traffic cargo restrictions, overtaking, pedestrian access and no entry. Working in conjunction with the traffic signals, this will allow you to create specific traffic infrastructure and management systems to keep your Republic moving. Read more about traffic signals in the community post here
Content Update #10 features:
- Source water from springs and build water treatments to purify.
- Create infrastructure to pump, store and supply water to the city.
- Create a sewage network to carry waste water away for treatment and avoid pollution.
- New advanced traffic simulation mode with management of primary and secondary roads and with traffic lights.
- Use road signage such as speed limits, stop and no entry signs.
- Many other gameplay and mechanics improvements.
3Division has also released a special DLC pack for Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic and will donate all revenue from sales to the Ukraine Red Cross to help those affected by the war in Ukraine. Many of the building and vehicle models were made by the community and given to 3Division to be included in the DLC for free. Content includes 10 new buildings including the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant. Kyiv Independence Monument and the Lviv Dynamo sports complex and 5 new vehicles including the An70 cargo plane and the ZAZ Lanos car (personal and police issue). The DLC is available now via Steam for £7.19 / €8.19 / $9.99
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic game features:
- Manage all aspects of your own republic with a planned economy, including mining resources, manufacturing goods, construction, investments, and citizens too.
- Create your own industrial complexes with loading and unloading stations, storage, warehouses, and factories.
- Build the infrastructure and manage its traffic, including roads, railways, sidewalks, conveyors, wiring, and pipelines. Wisely place and connect factories, houses and warehouses, and make the most efficient connections.
- Plan and build the living areas with everything your citizens may need to live their happy life, such as playgrounds, cinemas, taverns, and shops.
- Send your citizens to the mine to get coal, iron and other natural resources; or send them to the fields to pick up the crops; or take them to factories to produce manufactured goods.
- Sell and purchase resources and goods from western countries or other soviet countries to get dollars or rubles and buy the products or resources you need ... or invest in new infrastructure or buildings.
- Enjoy authentic soviet buildings and vehicles, as well as realistic landscapes of the 60's to the 90's.
- Play the way you want! You can focus on getting natural resources or products and trade them for money; or you can build a self-sufficient republic; or you can just use the easy sandbox mode with unlimited money/resources and just enjoy building something live.
- Prices of resources on the global market are changing over time as you play –one day you can sell or purchase steel for $100 per ton, but in a few months the cost can rise to $200 or decrease to $50. The price of everything is connected to the cost of work and resources.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic was successfully launched on Steam Access in March 2019 and will continue to receive regular content updates throughout the Early Access period leading to full launch in late 2022.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is available now on Steam Access. For more information check out the official website at https://www.sovietrepublic.net/ or via the game’s social channels - Facebook, Twitter and VK