First "Bloodhunt For Charity" Streamer Event Plays Out This Weekend
Sharkmob teams up with Save the Children with a charity prize pool of $100,000 USD
Malmö, Sweden - 13th May 2022 - Launching just two weeks ago, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt has taken the battle royale genre by storm. In this short time it has attracted some of the biggest names in gaming entertainment and competitive play as well as registering 4 million player accounts to date.
Sharkmob, the developer behind Bloodhunt, has now partnered with Save the Children to launch their very first “Bloodhunt For Charity” Stream Event, coming up tomorrow Saturday 14th May.
Beginning at 19:00 CEST / 10.00 PST, the event will be hosted by famed E-sports commentator Alex “Goldenboy'' Mendez alongside Emmy-nominated broadcaster, Jacki Jing. The tournament will see eight teams from around the world go head to head in a new Charity Race format where every elimination is converted into actual donations of up to 15 dollars for a total sum of $100 000 USD. Each team competes to amass the most donations where only one team can be crowned Bloodhunt Charity Champions with a replica scourge blade trophy with their name on it.
But this is about so much more than mere bragging rights, as all proceeds from the event go towards the amazing work done globally by Save the Children.
"Today, a record number of children, 450 million, that's – 1 in 6 – are living in conflict around the world. Children are on the frontlines of an unprecedented global humanitarian crisis and their right to survival, protection and education are under threat. As conflict rages around the world – from Ukraine to Myanmar, Syria to Yemen - It's more important than ever to press that children everywhere have the right to live in peace and safety. We are proud to have Sharkmob support Save the Children's programs and the call to #StopTheWarOnChildren."
- Paul Butcher, Head Global Digital Marketing, Save the Children
The eight teams will be captained by world renowned streamers including Shroud, Sacriel, xQc, and AverageJonas. The event will be broadcast live on their respective channels as well as at Twitch.tv/bloodhuntgame.
Throughout the event, teams will be encouraging their viewers to donate as that can change the rules for each round. Donating to the Tiltify page gives viewers opportunities to win some incredible prizes. Up for grabs are exclusive twitch drop content and giveaways from partners such as Intel, Razer, Xtrfy, Crucial plus the chance to become the lucky owner of a brand new $10 000 USD valued custom built gaming PC, PS5 consoles, Mini-fridges, custom Bloodhunt noblegaming chair, and much more.
“We always look for ways to give back to the community, be it helping out locally or extending a hand to partners in countries where needed. This time we go global together with Save the Children, a cause we feel strongly about supporting” says Sharkmob CEO Fredrik Rundqvist. “Beyond sponsoring the event, we’re happy to be converting each elimination point in the charity race into donations totaling $100 000 USD towards Save The Children.”
Players can join the Bloodhunt by signing up and downloading the game for free on the official website at Bloodhunt.com
A third person free-to-play Battle Royale experience set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, developed in close collaboration with the World of Darkness brand team. For the first time ever, experience the thrill of vampires at war as sects clash across the city of Prague, triggered by the arrival of strike-teams from the Second Inquisition. Use your supernatural powers, weapons and wit to eradicate your enemies and deal with the hunters – all while striving to maintain The Masquerade.
- Join the Bloodhunt using supernatural powers and traverse anywhere to battle other players and computer controlled enemies to be the last vampire standing.
- Show off your vampire fantasy by customizable characters - play as a personalised vampire of your own creation. Choose your Clan allegiance to define your playstyle then let your personality shine through as you create your most unique expressive looks for friends and rivals to remember.
- Restore The Masquerade - Set in the beautiful Old Town of Prague, rendered with the highest graphical fidelity, Bloodhunt offers reasons to keep fighting with story progression using Acts updates throughout seasons.
- No “pay-to-win” mechanics - created with a player focused mentality.
- Supporting 12 languages - English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish (Latin American), Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
- Spatial Audio support allows players to be fully immersed in the thrill of the hunt: listen for threats before seeing them using the latest 3D Audio technology such as Dolby Atmos where available.
- Bloodhunt For Charity Trailer: https://youtu.be/YZty_8QYq1s
- Bloodhunt For Charity Donation Page: https://tiltify.com/@bloodhunt/bloodhunt-charity-livestream
- Website: www.bloodhunt.com
- Twitter: https://Twitter.com/Bloodhunt
- Discord: https://Discord.gg/Bloodhunt
- Facebook: https://Facebook.com/Bloodhuntgame
- Twitch: https://Twitch.tv/Bloodhuntgame
- Sharkmob Twitter: https://twitter.com/sharkmobgames
Sharkmob is a game studio with offices in Malmö, Sweden and London, founded in 2017 and acquired by Tencent Games in 2019. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: a battle royale game in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe slated for release in 2021; and two proprietary, unannounced titles. For more information about Sharkmob, visit https://www.sharkmob.com.
About Save the Children:
For over 100 years, Save the Children has been giving children around the world a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
When the worst happens, children are always among the most vulnerable - and often suffer most. Save the Children responds to natural disasters, conflicts and other humanitarian emergencies across the globe with health, education and protection programs that address the unique needs of children, everyday and in times of crisis. When crisis strikes, Save the Children are always among the first to respond and the last to leave.
At Save the Children, we believe that every child deserves a future and do whatever it takes to save them, transforming their lives and the future we share.
© Sharkmob. All Rights Reserved. Vampire: The Masquerade® - © Paradox Interactive AB