SPIRE OF SORCERY GETS ITS FIRST MAJOR UPDATE
Charlie Oscar, creators of Gremlins, Inc., release today the first content update for their new game, the turn-based party RPG Spire of Sorcery
Charlie Oscar releases today the first major update for their turn-based party RPG with deck mechanics, Spire of Sorcery, currently available on Steam Early Access. This update implements features of great weight, starting with a standalone, fully interactive tutorial chapter that will help players learn how to manage their party of mages in the unforgiving world of Rund.
But that's not all -- this update also implements new features and overhauls existing core mechanics. To begin with, every mage will now have a special power as a unique feature to them, which can be used when their Inspiration. From an Expanded Consciousness that allows the mage to wield 1 extra element in their hand, a powerful Warcry that gives a morale boost or a Magic Barrier that removes environmental effects and conditions, among others, these special powers can turn the tide of battle -- if used wisely.
Concentration and Chaos are also reworked, as well as the Digestive System mechanic -- an update to chore mechanics of the game that improves the gameplay experience. There are also several measures to ensure a more balanced early game, from a new Traits system that ensures a balanced and fair initial party to a new Mulligan screen (where you can choose and reshuffle your initial mages). There are many other quality-of-life changes, not just to the UI to ensure a better experience but to speed all encounters and cement a more tactical decision-making. And finally, the soundtrack expands with 3 new songs by composer Anna Fruit, to recreate the mood and atmosphere of the world of Rund. You can read all the details about this update here and download all the screenshots here.
ABOUT SPIRE OF SORCERY
Spire of Sorcery is a turn-based party RPG with deck mechanics. At the core of the game is a system of tokens that allows to combine spellcasting, alchemy and equipment and affect both opponents and environments.you control a party of runaway mages, set in a quest to help the sentient magical citadel mend the broken world of Rund. Explore the world, and use your spells, alchemy, and gear to engage with the realms of life, death, and chaos to help the sentient to confront your enemies and gather resources and knowledge to increase your power. Manage your party, taking their mood and personal traits into account; find new members and level them up to make your cabal more powerful. In combat, cast your spells using a unique deck-building system, and empower your mages with alchemic potions and special equipment.
Revamped mulligan stage
- Explore the original world of Rund to discover new creatures, locations, and resources.
- Cast spells, including combos, to affect opponents and trigger environmental effects.
- Concoct alchemic substances that range from curative to explosive.
- Defeat your enemies combining the effects of spellcasting, alchemy & equipment.
- Manage your party, considering mood and personal traits of its members. Upgrade their stats to reach their true potential.
- Customize the looks of your party members with alchemic and food resources that change their appearance.
- Collect resources to cook food that may taste great (or horrible).
- Expand the Spire with new rooms that offer new mechanics.
- Try again: the world is larger than just one playthrough. Every challenge has alternative solutions. Try again with a different party for a different experience!