PACIFIST METROIDVANIA SHEEPO IS NOW AVAILABLE ON SWITCH, PLAYSTATION AND XBOX
The critically acclaimed platformer Sheepo comes to next-gen consoles with cross-buy feature
Top Hat Studios and indie dev Kyle Thompson announce that Sheepo is now available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation and Xbox for $10.99/€10.99/£9.89, localized to English, German, French, Chinese (traditional), and Japanese (a specific Japanese regional release of the game will follow on the 18th of November). A fresh new take on the Metroidvania genre, this pacifist platformer arrives today to consoles as a native next-gen title on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S -- but it also can be played on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems thanks to its cross-buy functionality!
In Sheepo you play as an alien zoologist, sent to a planet about to be engulfed by its star with the goal of completing its fauna and flora database in order to prevent the extinction of the planet's life forms. You will have to collect living samples -- so you'll have to reach their nests, distract the queens and pick unhatched eggs of each living species. Thankfully, you've got special powers to help you: you're a shapeshifter, and every time you touch a new egg, you'll learn a new shape with unique abilities that will allow you to explore new regions of the map!
Sheepo is a quirky metroidvania platformer with a unique twist: its gameplay doesn't contain standard combat. You play as Sheepo, a shape-shifting sheep-alien zoologist who is tasked with exploring the uncharted planet Cebron and collecting samples of its living species, so as to save them from extinction with the upcoming death of their planet's star. To capture a creature Sheepo must find their unhatched egg, which happens to be guarded by that species' queen.
With each egg that you collect, you'll gain the ability to transform into that creature on contact, which in turn will help you explore deeper reaches of the planet – digging, flying and teleporting across an interconnected series of levels, filled with lush landscapes, hidden shrines and old ruins, and strange inhabitants with their own stories to tell. Will you manage to save the creatures and inhabitants of Cebron before its star destroys the planet?
Sheepo was first released on Steam to critical acclaim, with a 99% approval user rating, and media outlets such as Screen Rant praising the game for its immersive and touching gameplay with a review score of 4.5/5: "It's a gift to play such an immersive and transporting independent game that eschews intricate ambitions to instead deliver such a consistent and artful feel".
- Pacifist Metroidvania platformer: in a charming unique twist to the genre Sheepo contains no combat as such – you're capturing these creatures to conserve them!
- Tight platforming with silk-smooth controls. Play as both Sheepo, and the variety of creatures you come in contact with. Gameplay remains fresh as you consistently learn the moves of each creature!
- Traverse a sprawling landscape with tons of hidden rooms and characters. Explore old mines, an abandoned mall, lush forests, the dingy sewer system, and much more.
- 75+ hidden feathers to collect (the planet's currency), which can be spent at the last remaining shop in DeadMall.
- Non-linear gameplay. As you explore, discover eggs, and gain more transformations. Sheepo's world quickly opens up to allow you to make your own route -Meet the locals and discover what's happening to planet Cebron.
- Heartwarming, cute aesthetics, along with a whimsical soundtrack to accompany you in your adventures.
- Available in English, German, French, traditional Chinese, and Japanese
Sheepo will have free PS4/PS5 native cross-buy at no extra cost. The next-gen version of the game has features exclusive to the new platforms, such as 4K display, 60 fps+ design, speedrun leaderboards, rich presence, PS5 activity integration, and more, powered by the innovations available on the new Playstation 5. Buy the game on any generation and get it on the other, too – at no extra cost.
The game will also have native cross-buy on Xbox One and Series X|S. The next-gen version of the game has features exclusive to the new Xbox platforms, such as smart delivery, cloud save sync, 4K display, 60 fps+ design, speedrun leaderboards, rich presence, and more, powered by the innovations available on the new Xbox Series X/S. Buy the game on any generation of Xbox and get it on the other, too!