TOWER DEFENSE GAME BARRICADEZ GETS A RELEASE DATE
Indie game development studio FlyPenguin has announced the release date of Barricadez: their side-scrolling tower defense game with survival elements will release on Steam on September 30th 2021, at a price-point of €15.99/$18.99. Barricadez is set in a post-apocalyptic world in the near future, with humanity on the brink of extinction and the world infested by zombie-like creatures at night. As an all-purpose care robot, it is tasked to you to protect the cradle from these hostile creatures that are hellbent on destroying everything, including the child in the cradle.
Arrange your base to tackle the variety of zombies and mutants, all of whom require a different approach to deal with. Killing the creatures gives you engrams, a resource that allows you to upgrade your skills and traps. Utilize the rotary and vertical excavators as extra sources of resource gathering, while drones allow you to automate the extraction of those materials. The creatures of the night will stop at nothing to destroy everything, it's up to you to build a strong base to protect the last beacon of hope of humanity.
- Gather Resources by exploring the underground. The deeper you go, the more resources you can find as well as newer materials for upgrades.
- Build and design the most effective defensive fortifications to protect the last child of humanity.
- Utilize a wide array of traps to defeat the encroaching monsters by arranging the traps along a path that you force the monsters to follow.
- Traverse and explore a procedurally generated map to find powerful blueprints that can be used to expand your arsenal, and upgrade your defenses during the day in preparation for the night
- Upgrade your base defenses with stronger materials to increase your odds of success, or use augments to change the way some facilities function.
- Adapt your defenses on the fly depending on the type of enemies you fight. Different enemies require different strategies.
- Make use of the autocraft system to provide your traps with ammunition to continually defend against the monsters.